Comfy and conscientious. I started making these for friends and family from my stash of reclaimed and vintage fabrics.
You can find them in person at the fabulous Hamilton coffee bar:
(Quite seriously, they create the most delectable coffee in Hamilton…in Southern Ontario? Definitely.)
- Linen linings for feeling cool even in the humidity
- A flexible nosepiece for good fit
- An inner layer of silk for the electrostatic capture of some of those pesky viral particles smaller than 300 nanometers (see Aerosol Filtration Efficiency of Common Fabrics Used in Respiratory Cloth Masks – yes, I’m also a science nerd)
- Comfy 12″ t-shirt yarn ties (no more sore ears)
- A fetching cotton outer layer to mix and match now that we’re out and about!